Fee information below is for non-EU students only. Non-EU fees are not listed on the individual programmes on the university website.
There is no application fee for any applications to SETU Carlow
There are no registration fees for students taking up places at SETU Carlow Campus.
SETU has launched a new tuition fee structure for 2024/2025, differentiating between classroom and laboratory fees. Details of which fee rate applies to which will be reflected on our fees website in due course.
SETU undergraduate fees range between €13,500-€14,500 for full-time undergraduate programmes.
SETU postgraduate fees range between €14,000-€15,000 for full-time postgraduate programmes.
Applicants are assessed for full-time programmes, for 2024/2025 based on entry criteria and entry awards are being issued where appropriate. These awards range from €3,000 to €5,000, further demonstrating our commitment to supporting students in their academic journey.
Tuition Fee Payments – Non-EU students
When should tuition fees be paid?
- To accept an offer of a study place at SETU in Carlow - candidates must make a tuition fee payment.
- Most candidates choose to pay a €1,000 tuition fee deposit to secure their place on their chosen programme. Securing your place via the payment of a tuition fee deposit is highly recommended as places on all programmes are limited. The €1,000 tuition fee deposit is deducted from the overall tuition fee.
- Acceptance Letters (AL) are issued to all candidates who have paid €6,000 of their overall tuition fees.
- For visa required students, the AL is an essential part of the visa application and so those preparing to apply for the Long Stay Study Visa for Ireland should ensure that they have paid at least €6,000 of their fees and received their AL prior to the 1st of June 2023.
- For non-visa required students, the AL is not essential to their gaining access to Ireland. However, it will still be issued to any non-visa required student who pays €6,000 of their overall tuition fee.
- The balance of tuition fees is due for payment prior to registering at the institute in September ’24.
- Where it is not possible for students to pay their fees in full prior to registration, they must formally notify the International Office in advance. All outstanding fees for the academic year 2024/2025 must be paid prior to Jan 31st 2025.
How to make a tuition fee payment
- All Non-EU students must use the PayToStudy / TransferMate facility to pay tuition fees to SETU Carlow.
- PaytoStudy / TransferMate lets you make international payments to the SETU Carlow for free, without paying international banking charges while receiving competitive foreign exchange rates.
What are the benefits of using the TransferMate system?
- A more streamlined payment process
- No international sender/receiver fees
- Great exchange rates
- 24-hour customer service from PaytoStudy / TransferMate
- 24-hour online tracking of payments
Ready to make a tuition fee payment now?
Follow steps below
STEP 1 - Confirm your SETU Carlow Invoice & ILO reference code. This is your unique application code – it is made up of 8 digits, joined by a ‘-‘. It can be found at the top of your conditional offer letter. For the needs of TransferMate, you must enter your ILO without the ‘-‘ Example; 20211234
STEP 2 - Visit the payment website and complete the brief registration form. Choose between wire transfer and credit card payment. Click ‘YES’ you are ready to pay today and then select ‘Process Transaction’.
STEP 3 - If you chose credit card payment just enter your details and if you chose wire transfer you will be asked to transfer the funds to the advised bank account.
STEP 4 - Email [email protected] with a copy of your passport, and your invoice letter from the SETU Carlow and if you have chosen wire transfer a copy of the payment receipt.
STEP 5 - Once PaytoStudy / TransferMate receive your funds and required documents, they will transfer the funds to SETU Carlow and email you confirmation of your payment. PaytoStudy / TransferMate notify you when they receive your fees – this is not the date that your fees are received by the university. Please be patient as you await confirmation from the university that your fees have been received. You can access Transfer Mate Here.
In the event of a visa refusal which is confirmed in writing from the Visa section of the Department of Justice, a full refund of fees will issue. A partial refund may be considered where a student has registered and has subsequently been certified as medically unfit to continue their studies and as a result have been repatriated. Where such a refund has been agreed, payment will be made into a bank in the student’s country of origin.