Workshop: Staying well in your research career
Date : Fri 10 Feb
Time : 09:30 - 11:30
Cost : Free
Our Spring Webinar series will kick off on Friday 10 February 2023, from 9.30am to 11.30am with Dr Hugh Kearns from Flinders University who will deliver a workshop on 'Staying Well in Your Research Career'.
Workshop Overview - Staying Well in your Research Career
Working in research is both an exciting and challenging experience. It can be an emotional roller-coaster. The excitement of working on something you care about, exploring new ideas and making a contribution to knowledge. The challenges of feeling isolated and overwhelmed, dealing with setbacks, uncertainty, conflict and loss of motivation. Inevitably over the course of your research career you will experience times when things aren’t going so well. This workshop draws on evidence-based strategies to help YOU stay well during your research career.
Topics will include:
- Managing the workload
- Resilience and finding a balance
- Learning how to switch off
- Dealing with worries about setbacks and progress
- Good habits e.g. exercise, sleep, routines
- Dealing with isolation, lack of structure and loss of motivation
- Procrastination, perfectionism and over-committing
- Disagreements with supervisors and other colleagues
- Support for more serious mental health issues
- Supporting friends/colleagues who may be struggling
Who is it for?
Post-docs, early career researchers and mid-career researchers who want to explore ways to stay well during their research career.
Register before Wednesday 8 Feb at 5pm using the form below to secure your place. A zoom link will be sent to registered participants in advance of event.