Try Sport for Transition Year students
Date : Mon 19 Feb - Thu 22 Feb
This Try event is fully booked
Cost : Free
SETU Carlow sport complex, Mortarstown Upper, County Carlow, Ireland
SETU in Carlow is excited to run Try Sport for Transition Year students in February 2024.
As a student on this programme, you will have the opportunity to explore both theoretical and practical classes such as:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Strength and Conditioning (power, speed and endurance)
- Sports Nutrition
- Performance Analysis
- Clinic Experience dealing with injured patients/athletes
- Opportunity to work closely with lecturers
- Q&A with our students who are working in various high-performance environments
- Q&A with our high-performance athletes to gain insight into how Sport Science/S&C/Sports Rehab assists them in their training and competition
Three Core Elements of Try Sport for Transition Year Students
1. Sport and Exercise Science:
- You will learn about the relationship between exercise and the human body.
- Have an opportunity to be a subject in various tests examining speed, power and endurance.
2. Strength and Conditioning:
- Learn about the various methods to improve athletic performance such as endurance, speed, strength and power.
- Understand how various athletes train and prepare depending on the sport/position/time of the season (e.g. Tadgh Furlong (rugby player) versus Mo Salah (soccer player)).
3. Sports Rehabilitation and Athletic Therapy:
- Understand the process of how to prevent injuries, assess injuries and help athletes return to play.
- How to treat different injuries e.g. an ankle sprain, dislocated shoulder etc.
- Gain experience in a clinical setting where injured athletes are treated by our students.
Please note that this Try event is now fully booked
All Try SETU events
Our hugely popular Try SETU programme of events for 2023/2024 is now up and running. These events are unique to SETU as they give students a real chance to experience life as a student on a wide variety of courses and discipline areas. Events are filling quickly so be sure to book those you are interested before they book out.